Cookies for breakfast? Yes, please! These are great to make if you need a quick grab-and-go breakfast! I love making these on Sunday so I can eat them the rest of the week. They are also great to use if you have some leftover pumpkin from other recipes since most recipes do not use a whole can.
These breakfast cookies are Gluten-Free (obviously), Vegan, Sugar-Free, and Oil-Free. They store great in the fridge and I like to reheat them in the microwave for 30 seconds before running out the door.
This serving made about 10 medium cookies.
2 Ripe Bananas
1 1/2 cups of Gluten-free Rolled Oats*
1/2 cup of Pumpkin Puree
1 tbsp of Ground Flaxseed**
1 tsp of Pumpkin Spice
* You can substitute normal rolled oats if you do not have a gluten allergy.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Take you two ripe bananas and mash them up on a plate or in a bowl.
- Add in your pumpkin puree and mix with the banana until well incorporated.
- Add in your dry ingredients (Oats, Flaxseed and Pumpkin Spice) and mix until everything is even.
- Place on a baking sheet, I recommend making sure it is non-stick if you do not have a silicone baking mat or line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. You can then do your best to mold into whatever shape your heart desires.
- Add your toppings on and push them into the cookie so that they do not fall off when you store them.
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy warm or chilled!