If you haven’t noticed by now, I am obsessed with PB&J. This recipe is one of my favorites because it combines PB&J with Oatmeal, which is one of my favorite breakfasts. Oats keep you full for a long time and have a slow release of energy, so you don’t feel a crash between breakfast and lunch.
This recipe is great for a dorm because all you need is a microwave! It only takes about 7 minutes to make so it is great for a quick morning.
3/4 cup of Gluten Free Rolled Oats*
1 cup of water
3 Tbsp of Peanut Butter
10 Blueberries (Fresh or frozen)
1 Tbsp Chia seeds**
* You can substitute normal rolled oats if you do not have a gluten allergy.
** I enjoy Chia seeds because they are an excellent source of nutrients, antioxidants, protein, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, and are easy to add to everyday foods. Check out this website for more info!
- Place your oats and water into a microwave safe bowl. Stir them up and then microwave for 2 minutes or until the oats have absorbed the water.
- Next, in a separate bowl, microwave your blueberries for 45 seconds if frozen or 30 seconds if fresh and smash with a fork to make your “jelly.” Add to the oats on top or mix it in.
- Next, you can either mix in your peanut butter or add it to the top of your oatmeal.
- Then add your toppings of choice, I added Chia seeds, a sliced banana, and cinnamon. You could also add hemp seeds, flax seeds, granola, coconut, other fruits, cacao nibs and more!